Part of the fun of designing a new custom bathroom is letting your imagination run wild. Just considering the possibilities for improvement and novelty is enough to send many homeowners racing to the store in search of accessories and supplies, ready to either tackle the project themselves or put their individual stamp on their builder’s finished work.
But it’s also very important to understand that there are certain elements that simply must be taken into account for custom bathrooms in Jackson, MS: key features that no one should go without or fail to take into consideration during the planning process. Here are several of them:
- Shower: Shower design doesn’t need to be complicated, but it’s important to recognize exactly what you want from your shower so nothing gets missed during the planning process. In addition to standard showerheads, many people now want handheld sprayers for added comfort and convenience. Shower shelving should be considered, as well as whether you want niches or even benches. The choice between glass and plastic shower doors—hinged or sliding—depends on space, as well as the overall style of your bathroom.
- Flooring: For bathroom floors, many people appreciate a durable and easy-to-clean option, such as certain types of tiles. Marble, slate, ceramic and even glass tiles can function well as bathroom flooring. As with many details related to custom bathrooms, you should regard the flooring not just as a practical necessity, but also as an extension of your style and the overall aesthetic of the room.
- Cabinets: One of the most common complaints homeowners encounter when they move into a new house is that the bathroom cabinet configuration just doesn’t suit their needs. One of the great perks of a custom bathroom remodel is the chance to create the storage options that work for you. Whether you need room for linens, small bathroom appliances or medicines, or just clear separation between different items or for the different members of the household, custom cabinets provide a limitless array of options.
- Countertops: As with floors, countertops in the bathroom need to be easy to clean, although the durability factor may be less extreme depending on your family’s needs. With countertops, you’ll want to consider beauty and aesthetics as well as function. Granite and quartz countertops have the advantage of being durable, pleasing to the eye and very easy to clean.
- Metal finishes: Generally, the main focus in bathrooms, as far as metal fixtures and finishes are concerned, is on the faucet. Different types of metal finishes need to be cleaned in different ways, some will need cleaning more frequently than others, and metals respond differently to scratches and stains. Once you’ve selected a faucet that works well with your family’s needs, be consistent about the use of metal in the rest of the bathroom—pick one metal and stick with it.
At Kitchen Kreators Ltd, we’re committed to designing and building custom bathrooms in Jackson, MS to fit our customers’ needs, as well as their personal styles. Let us be your custom bathroom contractor next time you want to make big changes!