Having your kitchen remodeled can be a daunting task—and finding the right remodeler can be even harder. You want to find a kitchen remodeler in Jackson, MS that will exceed your expectations and also be someone you can work well with while the project is going on. There are several actions that you can take to ensure you find the kitchen remodeler that is right for you:
- Ask for recommendations: Seek out your friends and family and ask them for recommendations of a kitchen remodeler in Jackson, MS that they have used. Chances are, if they were happy with the work they did, you will be, too. Check to see whether they would use the kitchen remodeler in Jackson, MS again.
- Do research: Check up on the remodelers you are considering. Visit their websites and find out if they have the licenses required in your state and municipality. Also check for memberships in professional associations such as the National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA), National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI) or the National Association of Homebuilders (NAHB). Membership in these types of organizations demonstrates that your kitchen remodeler in Jackson, MS takes their profession seriously.
- Start interviewing: Once you have narrowed your search, call or meet with the individuals you have in mind. Ask them the questions you have and get a feel for their personality. You want to work with someone you get along with and can trust. Communication between the two of you will be the difference between a job that goes smoothly and one that is fraught with challenges.
- Check references: Get a list of references from the kitchen remodelers in Jackson, MS that you have spoken with. Call and check how these past clients’ kitchen remodels went. Ask about their experience and what it was like to work with the contractor. See if you can see their finished work. This will let you know firsthand if you will be satisfied with the handiwork of the kitchen remodeler you plan to go with.
- Get quotes: Look over the contracts and quotes the kitchen remodelers you are working with have provided. Compare the bids against each other and read the contracts. Check for anything that doesn’t seem fair or legitimate. Your bid should break down to a 40 percent cost for materials and 15 to 20 percent for profit margin, with the rest for overhead. This will give you a good idea of what you are paying for and whose prices are in line with the budget you set.
- Set your payment terms: Contractors that want half or more upfront may be in financial straits or worried that you won’t pay after you see the final product. On a typical large kitchen project, 10 percent is due when you sign the contract and installments of 25 percent are due throughout the duration of the project, with the final 15 percent due upon completion of the work.
These tips can help you find a kitchen remodeler in Jackson, MS that will do quality work within your budget. Contact Kitchen Kreators Ltd. for your kitchen remodel project. With over 35 years of experience, Kitchen Kreators Ltd. are experts in creating indoor and outdoor kitchens.