The results of bathroom remodeling are frequently worth it, but the process can be disruptive—especially if you are changing the only full bath in your home. While your patience will likely be tested and you will worry about having a functioning shower before your next workday, rest assured that this is a survivable experience! Here are five tips for managing the disruption that often comes with remodeling your bathroom:
- Set a schedule: If you have more than one full bathroom in your home, it does not matter if one is fully gutted for bathroom remodeling in Jackson, MS. However, if the bathroom being addressed is the only one with a tub or shower, contractors approach the project differently. Precise scheduling and addressing one fixture at a time keeps you in the loop so you know when toilets, sinks or showers are out of service. Usually each fixture is handled on a different day so you can have at least some use of your bathroom. Showers and tubs may take longer, so it may be wise to expect showering at your gym or visiting a friend’s house one day.
- Communicate: Ask your contractor which work will be performed when. That way, you do not come home after a run or workout expecting to take a hot shower only, to find that it is ripped out until the new one is installed tomorrow. If there is some reason you need working fixtures, let your contractor know. It may be better to pause work for a day and resume it the next if the disruption is too much.
- Find a place to stay: If you can stay with a friend or relative until fixtures are installed, consider that option. Many people have experienced the inconvenience associated with remodeling and will likely be sympathetic. It may also be possible to stay at a hotel if that is within your budget, especially if you need a break. Be open to options when you absolutely cannot be without a full bathroom.
- Plan for your pets: Remodeling is hard on your four-footed family members, too. You need to be cautious if the remodeling is opening walls or exposing plumbing, especially if you have cats. Keeping cats in a guest room during the project may prevent you from losing them later. Particularly nervous pets may need to board off site or stay in a pet-friendly hotel with you. Remember that your animals will pick up on any stress you experience, so do what you can to treat them extra well during this time.
- Think about the final results: It can be easy to lose sight of a goal when contingencies slow down the work or result in extra repairs. Remember that you will have a better, more beautiful bathroom once this is complete. This helps many customers manage the disruption because they know it is all worth it once we finish.
Kitchen Kreators Ltd. offers bathroom remodeling in Jackson, MS that will exceed your expectations. Our customer service and personal attention will make any disruptions worthwhile. To add space, style and accessibility to your bathroom, call us today to set up a consultation with a designer.