When thinking about designs for custom kitchens in Jackson, MS, we know that it’s important to strike the right note between classic and contemporary. As 2015 gets underway, we’re excited about a few trends for original and remodeled kitchens that we’ve been noticing recently. Some of these trends are old favorites that have come back into style, while some are like nothing we’ve seen before. Whatever your tastes may be, we hope you find inspiration looking through these top trends for custom kitchens in Jackson, MS.
- Back to black: Although kitchens have been trending colorful for the past decade or so, 2015 is seeing a return to neutral tones, though that doesn’t just mean white anymore. Black wood, countertops, walls and accents are all adding a bold flair to trendy new kitchens across America. Black and metallic go especially well together, and a mostly black kitchen is a great way to show off your stainless steel appliances. And speaking of metallic…
- Metallic accents: Whether it’s the light fixtures, appliances, sink fixtures or drawer handles, the metallic look is making a big statement in the kitchen this year. Stainless steel has ruled the kitchen for years now, but it’s time to think beyond that. Go for brass, copper, silver or bronze for a rich, modern look.
- Move the party to your kitchen: The kitchen is a natural social hub for many households, and the design trends in 2015 are all about solidifying that reputation. Designers are making kitchens the focal part of the house by adding islands, bars with stools, benches, bookshelves, table space and even a modern spin on those classic breakfast nooks. If you want your kitchen to do double duty as a gathering space, be sure to make it an open floor plan so traffic can flow into other living spaces. This trend is great for both entertaining and family life.
- Make separate zones: Anyone with a big family knows the pains of trying to cook dinner while three other people are trying to fix different snacks or do the dishes. One trendy solution to this common problem is to divide the kitchen into two different “zones” that are separated by an island, counter, or refrigerator. One zone will have its own sink and enough counter space for casual cooking, while the other zone will have the heavy-duty counter space and appliances needed to make a whole meal, as well as its own sink. This approach will keep your home looking modern and cut down on useless bickering, making it a win-win situation.
- Special textured surfaces: One especially luxurious trend in 2015 is having unique textured surfaces for backsplashes and counters. Granite and tile continue to be popular, but those who are looking for something different might want to consider suede, leather or even velvet accents to add to your kitchen’s “wow” factor. This obviously isn’t a practical option for everyone, but if you use your kitchen more for entertaining than intensive cooking, it might be perfect for you.
When you’re looking for great new kitchen ideas this year, remember to visit Kitchen Kreators Ltd. We’re happy to help give you the kitchen you’ve been longing for!