It may not be the focal part of your home, but your bathroom is an important feature for your family, your guests and potential buyers, should you choose to put your house on the market. Whether you’re waking up to an invigorating shower or ending a long day with a relaxing bubble bath, bathrooms play an important functional role in our lives, and they should also offer useful and aesthetically pleasing design.
If you’re considering bathroom remodeling in Jackson, MS, you’re likely aware of the deluge of trends and tips out there. As a business that offers bathroom remodeling in Jackson, MS, we know it can be difficult for the average homeowner to find design ideas that both speak to them and offer something different and distinctive. To help with the design process, we thought we’d share a few of our favorite styles and trends. Whether or not you incorporate any of these ideas into your remodel, we hope they help to get your creative juices flowing.
- High tech features: These days, bathrooms have a lot more to offer than just a shower and a toilet. If you want to take your bathroom to the next level, consider focusing on sleek technological upgrades like a refrigerated medicine cabinet, a sound system for singing along to in the shower, highly energy efficient fixtures and a digitally controlled shower head. Once you have these installed, you’ll likely find they quickly grow from novelty to necessity.
- Eye-catching floors:The days of a simple tile floor with a neutral bathroom mat are over. One of the top bathroom remodeling trends of 2015 is having a bold, geometrically patterned design as a focal point on your floor. If you want to treat yourself and your guests to something aesthetically unexpected, this is a relatively easy and affordable option.
- Timeless gray: When you think of neutral colors, you likely think of gray first. Though the color might not be the most exciting choice out there, gray is inherently timeless, making it a good choice if you’re planning to sell your home somewhere down the line. And if you’re already introducing bold new fixtures and features into your bathroom, going for a neutral color will keep it from looking too crazy.
- Home spa: Beyond just being a trend, having a freestanding Jacuzzi tub is also a highly desirable extra in any bathroom. Whether you’re dealing with kids, your job or something else during your day, you deserve to come home to your own private spa. And given that prospective buyers often place a jetted tub near the top of their wish lists, you’ll likely find that your investment will pay off.
- Back to basics: As with any other room in the house, the design trends for bathrooms are leading away from futuristic metals and back to nature. That means wooden floors and cabinets, more natural metal fixtures (like bronze or granite), and maybe even a bamboo shower frame. Whatever you pick, you’ll love the cozy feel of your new bathroom.