When a new home project is on your mind, like remodeling your kitchen, don’t skimp on the chance to add amenities that are not only functional, but ones that make for a neat and tidy space. With that in mind, here are some unique features and ideas to keep custom kitchens in Jackson, MS organized this spring:
- A built-in compost container: Home gardeners are always adding nutrient-packed green and brown waste to outdoor compost bins, but food scrap collection begins in the kitchen. You may use a small composting bin to keep compostable materials from sitting on the counter or accumulating on dirty dishes. Whether you use one or not, installing an under-the-counter composting unit offers convenience and a less cluttered countertop. A small, built-in composting container allows you to wipe away non-desirable parts of vegetation directly through a hole and into the under-the-counter bin.
- A rolling butcher block: Sometimes you need a little more prep space, more than what your countertop offers. To remedy this issue, consider getting a rolling butcher block island—with a cabinet and drawer below, and a thick cutting board on top—that fits under the counter. This not only makes for easier food prep, but you can also roll it back under the counter to get it out of the way and out of sight.
- Hideaway appliances: The best part about having a hand in designing your custom kitchen is getting to choose where fixtures and appliances go. If staying organized and maintaining the appearance of a tidy kitchen space is important to you, consider going with hideaway appliances, with the freezer and refrigerator built into drawers, or a microwave hiding behind a custom cabinet. You’ll have a classy kitchen that’s both efficient and a space saver, not to mention a forward-thinking design.
- Attached kitchen island stools: Most household kitchen islands are used for more than preparing meals. They are also used as homework stations, crafting tables, breakfast areas and more, which can leave little room for maneuvering, as well as open up the chance for accidents, like tripping. Many custom kitchens in Jackson, MS this spring will include retractable island stools that are attached to extend outward when in use and retract when they aren’t.
- A pet feeding station: Pets are a huge part of our lives. We get them the best food, vet care and toys, as well as set up designated pet areas in our homes. Often, this includes a spot in the kitchen for meals. Unfortunately, those pet food and water bowls that you set on the floor can be a nuisance when you’re rushing around. Stop tripping over and kicking pet bowls across the floor by installing a built-in feeding station on one end of your kitchen island. Include holes to secure pet dishes and add drawers to hold food, treats, medications, leashes and toys.
At Kitchen Kreators Ltd., we look forward to being your go-to shop for custom kitchens in Jackson, MS of every size, shape and design. Contact us today to get started on your kitchen project!