As a homeowner, you know the importance of maintaining your property to keep your home value up—especially if you’re looking to sell. But regular care and maintenance is just the tip of the iceberg when competing in the housing market. Other options for boosting home value include large-scale home improvement projects, like a total kitchen or bathroom remodel. Smaller upgrades help, too. When done properly, you can expect to recoup all the money you spent on the remodel, and then some, at resale.
So, which kitchen and bathroom improvements really pay off? Are smaller improvements worth the time, money and effort? Let’s find out! Here are some home remodeling tips and ideas from a kitchen and bathroom remodeler in Jackson, MS.
Although kitchen renovations cost a lot, they’re the type of home improvement that pays off big time. But which projects give you the biggest return on your investment? Luckily, many great renovations don’t require knocking down walls:
- Invest in new countertops: A good-quality kitchen countertop will have a high price tag, even if you shop around. Go for the best countertop materials you can afford—like granite or quartz—or wait until you can, because potential buyers will definitely be looking at this feature. Replacing countertops that connect with the walls? This is a good opportunity to install a new backsplash for added appeal.
- Refresh the cabinets: Although your kitchen may be older, that doesn’t automatically mean the cabinets need to be completely replaced. Most kitchen cabinets are still in good, usable shape and all they really need is new stain or a new coat of paint. For kitchen cabinets that can use a little pop, consider replacing tired looking hardware with easy-to-clean, brushed, finished hardware.
- Upgrade appliances: New, high-end kitchen appliances—such as a stainless steel dishwasher, refrigerator or stove—can have a huge impact on prospective homebuyers. The great thing about this is that you don’t have to replace all your old appliances at once!
Even if you aren’t planning on selling anytime soon, you still might consider a bathroom remodel for your own use:
- Switch out the sink: Your bathroom sink takes a light beating everyday, several times a day. All those teeth brushings, hand washings and face washings add up over time; eventually, this will age your sink. Though it’s a smaller project, just switching out your old sink and faucet can really brighten up the bathroom.
- Choose new title: When replacing bathroom tile, make sure to choose tiles that have universal appeal (if you plan to sell at some point). To add value to your home, choose timeless tile over expensive stone tiles that are more taste-specific.
- Upgrade the lighting: The lighting and lighting fixtures in the bathroom are crucial elements—nobody wants to look in the mirror and see themselves in “ugly light”!
Whether you are in the market for general contracting services or specifically need the services of a kitchen or bathroom remodeler in Jackson, MS, know you can turn to the skilled and experienced team at Kitchen Kreators Ltd. Contact us today for more information!