Everyone knows that remodeling your kitchen is the ideal way to boost your home’s value in the long run while also creating a space you and your family will love. The kitchen is where we spend a lot of our time and having a beautiful, practical, modern space pays dividends. But where should you start when thinking about kitchen remodeling?
Having the right crew of remodelers in Jackson, MS on board is a good start. The professionals will provide guidance every step of the way. Read on to find out how to avoid the most common mistakes homeowners make when remodeling their kitchens:
- Consult the experts: Are you a DIY kind of person? You probably like having the ultimate say on everything from design to process. But in this situation, it’s best to avoid going it alone. A professional designer will be able to spot flaws in your plan and may even offer a few ideas you never would have thought of on your own. Working with the pros from the start is a good practice to avoid frustration and needless costs.
- Think about the rest of the home: When remodeling, isolating the work area from the rest of the home is a smart idea. That’s because this will prevent other rooms from being covered in debris and paint. This will also help at the end of the project when you have less cleanup to do.
- Remember the storage: It’s easy to think of all the showpiece kind of items you’d like—stainless-steel appliances, granite countertops, an island big enough for both dining and food prep. But make sure these aren’t being included at the cost of important details. Nowhere in the home is storage space more important than in the kitchen. Adding drawers, dividers, cabinet expansions and pantry pullouts are ways to make sure you have enough space.
- Keep that counter space: One thing almost every homeowner wants out of a kitchen remodel is additional counter space. This is so crucial for cooking and baking. Don’t settle for less, and make sure your design has enough.
- Workflow: When considering kitchen design, it’s important to remember where the busiest areas in the space are located: the fridge, the stove and the sink. These need to be spaced appropriately while also being in efficient proximity of each other. Designers refer to this area as the “work triangle,” and it’s where you get things done.
Are you looking for the best remodelers in Jackson, MS for your kitchen project? With over 35 years of experience, Kitchen Kreators Ltd. has been creating and designing award-winning kitchens and bathrooms. Whether you are looking to remodel or are building your new home, our focus is to create high-quality and unique kitchens (including outdoor kitchens), bathrooms, entertainment centers and much more.
Let our outstanding team help you make the home of your dreams. As Certified Kitchen Designers, Kitchen Kreators Ltd. is committed to providing clients with a dream kitchen that fits their lifestyle and personality. Call us now to learn more and set up a consultation!