As a homeowner, you essentially get to do whatever you want to your house—painting the exterior a fresh color, landscaping the yard with your favorite plants and renovating living spaces, to name just a few things. One such area inside your house that may be dated or simply due for a change is the kitchen. If the kitchen is where you spend a good amount of your at-home time, then you should take the opportunity to transform it into the space of your dreams. Before you proceed, here are a few of the top custom kitchen ideas in Jackson, MS for homeowners:
- Get new countertops: Of all the things you can do to upgrade your kitchen, installing new countertops is one of the best decisions you can make. Even if the countertops are the only feature you change in your kitchen, the impact they can have on the design of a kitchen can be significant. Choose from materials such as granite, marble, ceramic and laminate, but remember to stay within your remodeling budget when shopping around.
- Paint or get custom-made cabinets: If your kitchen cabinets are still functional but are old and no longer aesthetically pleasing, update their look with a new coat of paint. The right color paint and new hardware can give cabinet doors a sophisticated look without costing too much. If you’d prefer to remodel your kitchen or invest in new cabinets, seriously think about going with a style of custom kitchen cabinets that you will be able to enjoy and use for years to come.
- Install an appliance garage: An appliance garage is exactly what its name suggests—it’s a space built into a kitchen countertop where small countertop appliances can be stored to make your kitchen look instantly neater. Appliance garages also make excellent coffee stations.
- Put in new flooring: Transforming your kitchen is about more than just getting brand-new appliances, countertops and cabinets. It’s also the best time to redo your kitchen flooring. While there are many options these days, it’s easy to narrow down the list based on your preferences and how you use your kitchen. For instance, if you’re looking for a durable, easy-to-maintain floor, consider hardwood or an alternative that resembles wood, such as ceramic tile or vinyl.
- Design a functional workspace: As an avid home cook, you need plenty of surface space for food preparation. That means having a countertop long and wide enough to hold everything without it all cluttering in one spot or falling to the floor. Another helpful addition is cabinet space inside an island to keep essential appliances and supplies so you don’t have to travel for the mixer, food processor, cutting boards, the garbage can, etc.
- Remodel the dining area: When planning a kitchen remodel, consider opening it up to the dining area. This openness lets you show off your custom kitchen and be a part of the party while you’re cooking.
If you want help coming up with custom kitchen ideas for your home in Jackson, MS, you’re more than welcome to reach out to our creative team here at Kitchen Kreators Ltd. Call us anytime to get started!