Custom cabinetry has enjoyed a large surge in popularity, thanks in large part to the number of successful home improvement shows on channels like HGTV and TLC. While custom cabinetry does come with a larger price tag than your standard off-the-shelf units, there are a variety of benefits associated with custom cabinetry in Jackson, MS that you should be sure to consider when making decisions about your upcoming remodel.
Here are just a few of the biggest reasons why custom cabinetry is so ideal:
- Endless options: When you’re the one designing the cabinetry, you have full control over everything related to the design, including the type of wood, the style of cabinetry design, the finish you’ll use and the hardware you’ll add to it. This allows you to create entirely unique cabinetry that flows well with the existing design of your kitchen and other interior décor. When you purchase stock cabinetry, you’ll have limited options with regards to wood, finish and style.
- Better quality: Custom-built cabinetry is almost always going to be of much higher quality than stock cabinetry, especially if you work with a professional carpenter. Stock cabinetry is made on assembly lines, while custom cabinets are made by real people using higher quality materials. Custom cabinetry features a much higher level of craftsmanship, including hand-cut joints, dowels and mortise and tenon joints rather than glue or nails that might not last as long or withstand as much pressure.
- Better use of space: Only with custom cabinetry can you ensure you’ll maximize the usage of your kitchen space. Stock cabinetry only comes in certain pre-determined sizes, so you are unlikely to get a perfect fit for what you’re looking for. Custom cabinetry means being able to customize the dimensions of what you’re building as well as the materials, allowing you to make use of every inch of space your kitchen gives you.
- Customized storage: When developing custom cabinet arrangements, you can better account for all of your storage needs, including any special kinds of storage you need for particular items. It also becomes much easier for you to create a sensible layout for these storage areas.
- Environmentally friendly: Stock cabinetry is generally made with synthetic materials that are not as environmentally friendly, both in terms of how they’re made and their lack of recyclability. Wood is non-toxic, renewable, recyclable and biodegradable, meaning the environmental impact of using custom wood cabinetry is much lower than what you’d have using stock cabinetry with synthetic materials.
- Additional customizations: There are plenty of other customizations you can add on to cabinets you design and build specifically for your kitchen, including wainscoting, trim, molding, custom appliance panels, furniture feet and anything else you can think of.
If you’re interested in learning more about the factors you should take into consideration when designing custom cabinetry in Jackson, MS, we encourage you to contact the team at Kitchen Kreators Ltd. today. We’d be happy to answer any questions you have. We look forward to helping you upgrade your kitchen!