One of the most popular home renovation projects is the bathroom remodel. It makes sense when you think about it—you spend a lot of time in the bathroom as part of your daily routine, getting ready for your day or simply relaxing with a much-needed shower or bath.
Bathroom remodeling is financially sensible, as it can provide an excellent return on investment while also improving your quality of life. If you’ve been considering making a change, here are just a few examples of some of the biggest reasons to invest in a bathroom remodel:
- Household changes: The way we use our homes changes a lot over time, especially when there are changes to the configuration of our families. If you have children, bring elderly relatives in to live with you, have adult children coming home after college or suddenly find yourself an empty nester, you could see the needs for your bathroom shift in a pretty dramatic way. Remodeling allows you to update your bathroom configuration based on the needs of your household at the time and for the foreseeable future.
- Boost efficiency: If it’s been a long time since your bathroom got an upgrade, there’s a good chance it’s running pretty inefficiently. Older fixtures and appliances waste both energy and water, so by implementing new, sustainable features, you can greatly improve your energy and water efficiency and save yourself some money over time.
- Accessibility: If you have anyone in your home with disabilities or mobility issues, you might find it necessary to remodel a bathroom to ensure it’s accessible for everyone who will be using it. This could include adding handrails, non-slip tile, walk-in showers or roll-in showers without a threshold, shower seating and other such safety upgrades.
- Repair damage: Over time, it’s possible you could develop some water leaks in your bathroom that could cause damage such as mold growth or deteriorating materials. Eventually it will become necessary to repair this damage—otherwise, you could experience some catastrophic accidents and consequences. If you’re going to be tearing out flooring and walls, you may as well perform a full bathroom remodel.
- Update the style: Maybe it’s not functionality you’re worried about as much as style. If your bathroom is horrendously outdated, it might simply make you feel good to give it a bit of a facelift to bring it into modern times. That’s not to say you have to go with a trendy style—something classic and timeless but still attractive can be expected to hold up for decades until you (or the next owner) wish to make further changes.
- Add value: Finally, if you know you’re going to be selling your home sometime soon, updating a bathroom in need of some fixing up can help you improve your home value and attract more potential buyers, helping your home stand out on the market.
For more information about some of the reasons to invest in bathroom remodeling, or to schedule a consultation to discuss your project, contact the experts at Kitchen Kreators Ltd.