As a homeowner, one of the most thrilling projects to embark on is kitchen remodeling. Renovating your kitchen is a key investment in a home; thus, it is vital to ensure you remodel it appropriately to avoid costly mistakes.
Kitchen Remodel Mistakes To Avoid
Here are some common kitchen renovation mistakes to avoid:
- Under budgeting: Redoing a kitchen requires a substantial amount of money. Often, homeowners are shocked whenever they get remodeling estimates from their contractors. Therefore, if you plan to renovate your kitchen, you should set aside enough money to have all the desired features.
- Many changes: Before you enter into a deal with your contractor, you should be sure of your desired kitchen remodel design. Making changes once the remodeling work has begun could delay the completion of the project leading to extra costs.
- Too little storage: Kitchen cabinets are most certainly the most expensive fittings in a kitchen remodel. Storage is a critical element of a kitchen and should be adequate to avoid battling disorders in your kitchen. Ensure you know your kitchen utensils will have enough space in your new cabinets.
- Forgetting friends: Whatever the size of your kitchen, expect family and friends to flock there. Humans are drawn to each other, and you should not expect your guests to hang out in the sitting room while you are fixing dinner. Thus, you should plan for an interactive space in the new kitchen.
- Bad lighting design: Lighting is an often-disregarded part of kitchen renovation designs; however, lighting can make a huge difference in cooking and comfort. Therefore, it is vital to seek the advice of an interior designer on kitchen lighting. Most homeowners incorporate adequate natural lighting in their kitchens, but since a great deal of cooking takes place at night, you should provide enough lighting for cooking.
- Space wasting: Among the most vital kitchen renovation tips is avoiding dead spaces with no use. Work with an expert to ensure every space of the kitchen is useful.
- Oversizing and overloading islands: In a spacious room, two islands are better than one. It is not ideal to oversize an island since anything longer than 10 feet is difficult to walk around. And if the island is over 4 feet deep, it is difficult to reach the middle. Overloading an island with baskets, dinnerware, and other objects brings a similar problem. Ensure no island storage goes past the rim of the countertop.
- Making your kitchen aisles too tight: Aisles should be wide enough to accommodate everything in the kitchen. The clearance allows multiple cooks to navigate around each other. When creating your new kitchen design, ensure all aisles range between 40 and 50 inches wide.
Are you planning to remodel your kitchen? For more than 35 years, Kitchen Kreators Ltd has been designing and creating quality and unique kitchens, entertainment centers, bathrooms, and much more. We pride ourselves on providing our clients with kitchen designs that fit their personalities and lifestyle. For more information, call (601) 977-9300.